Before there were fancy flat irons and curling irons, there were rollers. We may think this is an old school hair styling trick but rollers actually give hair a healthy and full look. Plus, rollers help to cut styling time in half and give you bouncy, vibrant curls as the end result. *Ceramic rollers can also be used. Although they contain heat, the heat is far less intense than that of a flat iron or curling iron.
- Before bed, part your hair into several even sections.
- Roll each section of hair with the rollers. It is optional to dampen hair before setting the rollers. (This will help hair stay in place while you sleep but is not mandatory to do in the process.)
- Sleep with rollers in overnight and in the morning take out the rollers. Style to your liking and complete the look with a little hairspray to hold the curls in place all day long.
Many of us use hair bands as a headband to keep hair out of our faces during the day but there are plenty of other uses for hair bands including creating heatless curls. This curling option can also be done before bed to cut down on styling time in the morning as well as create sassy, wavy curls that don’t require heat.
- Brush hair then put the elastic hair band around your hair. Depending on how big you want your curls, you must choose the right sized band. For example, thicker bands create thicker curls while thinner bands create thinner curls.
- Once the band is placed around your head, slightly touching your forehead, begin to take small sections of hair and wrapping them around the band one at a time. You want to loop the section of hair around and through the hair band. *To get wavier curls, dampen hair before beginning the process.
- Repeat the above step until all your hair is wrapped around the hair band.
- In the morning, remove the hair band and you will have a head full of heatless curls! Proceed to style to your liking if needed.
Although this technique does require some heat, the perm papers work to reduce possible heat damage or other affects caused by heated styling tools. And in case you were wondering, perm papers are small strips of paper used when applying a perm, however as we see here, there are other uses for perm papers.
- Grab a handful of perm papers to have on hand while styling your hair.
- Part hair into sections and before curling each piece, place a piece of perm paper at the ends of your hair. Then fold the perm paper and curl your hair as you normally would.
- Take the curling iron out of your hair then remove the perm paper. You will still get curly results minus damaged ends.
Purchase these products at www.BigDaddyBeauty.com